Ham and Cheese Instant Pot Potato Soup is creamy and indulgent! The easiest baked potato style soup made easy in your instant pot full of tender potatoes, ham, and plenty of cheddar cheese!
Please update your ads
- 5 Pounds Russet Potatoes Peeled and Cubed
- 1 Pound Package Cubed Ham
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 5-6 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons Cold Water
- Green Onions and Extra Cheese for Serving Optional
- Add your peeled and cubed potatoes to the bottom of your instant pot.
- Add in the ham, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, salt, and chicken broth.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and seal.
- Turn the instant pot on Manual for 8 minutes.
- When the timer has gone off, do a quick release and carefully remove the lid.
- Stir the milk and sour cream into the soup.
- In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch and water.
- Turn the pot to saute and whisk in the cornstarch and water mixture until the soup has thickened.
- Turn the pot off and stir in the cheese until melted.
- Serve topped with green onions and extra cheese if desired.
NOTE: This recipe has been tested in a 6 quart and 8 quart instant pot.