Easy Pumpkin Soup – This thick and creamy pumpkin soup is simple to make using canned pumpkin puree! Caramelized onion, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger give this fall favorite soup amazing warm flavor!
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Large Yellow Onions Sliced
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 2 15 Ounce Cans Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.Loading…
Please update your ads
- Add the sliced onions to the pan and cook stirring occasionally until caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Add the garlic, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger to the onions and stir constantly for one minute.
Add 1/4 Cup of the chicken stock and use a wooden spoon to scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
Add the remaining chicken broth, water, and pumpkin puree and stir to combine.
Turn heat to low and simmer the soup for 20 minutes.
Turn the stove off and use a handheld immersion blender to puree the soup. Alternately, use a regular blender and puree the soup in 2-3 batches.
Stir the heavy cream into the soup, serve immediately with warm bread if desired.